It is with great pleasure that the “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu-Mureș - Faculty of Engineering in collaboration with Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences and Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology invites you to the International Conference Interdisciplinarity in Engineering INTER-ENG 2015. The conference will be jointly organized and hosted by the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu-Mureș.
The main theme of the Conference is announced as:
- "Technological development as basis for future governance of innovation"
The conference scope is to provide a professional and scientific forum for engineers and research scientists from universities, research centers and industry to present research works, contributions and recent developments as well as current practices in engineering.The INTER-ENG conference will also offer the opportunity for companies in engineering to present their products and services.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to the following major topics as they relate to the industrial and electrical engineering and industrial management::
- Technology and innovation policy
- Emerging technology
- Innovative technology
- Technological innovation systems
- Technology-based new ventures
- Technology and knowledge transfer
- Advanced manufacturing technology
- Innovative product development
- Virtual manufacturing design technology
- Manufacturing process control
- Emerging materials technology
- Innovative design technology
- Manufacturing systems and automation
- High-tech tools and systems
- Nano and microtechnology
- Control systems technology
- Advances transmission technology
- Cold forming technology
- Non-conventional technology
- Information systems technology
- CAD/CAM/CAE integrated systems
- Advanced software technology
- Intelligent systems and technologies
- Parallel and distributed computing technology
- Power and energy systems
- Signal and image processing
- Electronics and electrotechnology
- Optimization techniques
- Sustainable development technology
- Renewable energy management and technologies
- Environmental Pollution and Treatment Technologies
- Geohazards and environmental technology
- Green buildings technology
- Innovation for green technologies
- Biomedical technology
- Quality control technology
- Quality assurance
- Innovative mobile education
- Educational technology
- The powers of technology appear to be unlimited
The emergence and development of technologies is important in shaping our lives in contemporary society. Technology is involving capacities to develop new ways of doing things: often in a reproducible manner. That is, finding ways to better reproduce things in an easier, quicker and cheaper manner.
Technology that is concentrated in industrialized nations to date is a proof to demonstrate the majority of its benefits. Thus technology has a large role to play in developing regions and there is a need for technological research in order to develop regions.
Technological advances have been the principle drivers of globalisation beginning in the middle of the 20th<>/sup century. Technological advancements are inevitable and desirable, promoting a global economy, rendering national border meaningless, exceeding national states and national economies that have become essentially obsolete and leading to a worldwide global market.
Technology cannot be stopped it will continue to shape society for the better, being seen as a good thing. Globalization accelerates the change of technology. Every day it seems that a new technological innovation is being created. Rapid changes in technology generate in society a technological enthusiasm, by embracing it and looking forward to more and more developments.
Technology is now the forefront of the modern world creating new jobs, innovations, and networking that allow individuals, nations and regions to connect globally.
Access to technology has a beneficial economic impact. Alongside good governance, technology is considered among the greatest enablers for improved quality of life. Technology is usually associated with productivity, both generating international competitiveness.
There are two important related trends in the world economy: first, technological innovations are an important factor for economic welfare and secondly the nations become more open and interdependent. Rapid communications and networking between scientists worldwide facilitate the development of inventions and the spread of innovative ideas.
Industrial innovation increasingly occurs within international networks. Public research, technology and innovation policies are dominated by transnational programmes and regional innovation policies, leading to future governance of innovation policies.
We are looking forward to welcome you in Tîrgu-Mureș!
- Prof.dr.eng. Liviu MOLDOVAN
- President of the Scientific Committee
- Vice-Rector of "Petru Maior" University of Tîrgu-Mureș, Romania