The 8th edition of the INTER-ENG International Conference will take place on 55th Anniversary of “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu-Mureș.
It is with great pleasure that the “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu Mureș - Faculty of Engineering in collaboration with Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences invites you to the International Conference Interdisciplinarity in Engineering INTER-ENG 2014. The conference will be jointly organized and hosted by the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu Mureș.
The main theme of the Conference is announced as:
- "Contemporary advances and innovation in technology"
The conference scope is to provide a professional and scientific forum for engineers and research scientists from universities, research centers and industry to present research works, contributions and recent developments as well as current practices in engineering.
The INTER-ENG conference will also offer the opportunity for companies in engineering to present their products and services.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to the following major topics as they relate to the industrial and electrical engineering and industrial management:
- Emerging technology
- Innovative technology
- Technological innovation systems
- Technology-based new ventures
- Technology and knowledge transfer
- Innovative manufacturing technology
- Innovative product development
- Virtual manufacturing design technology
- Manufacturing process control
- Emerging materials technology
- Innovative design technology
- Manufacturing systems and automation
- High-tech tools and systems
- Nano and microtechnology
- Control systems technology
- Advances transmission technology
- Cold forming technology
- Non-conventional technology
- Information systems technology
- CAD/CAM/CAE integrated systems
- Advanced software technology
- Intelligent systems and technologies
- Parallel and distributed computing technology
- Power and energy systems
- Signal and image processing
- Electronics and electrotechnology
- Optimization techniques
- Sustainable development technology
- Renewable energy management and technologies
- Environmental technology
- Innovation for green technologies
- Biomedical technology
- Quality control technology
- Innovative mobile education
- Educational evaluation technology
- The future of regions and countries increasingly depends upon ideas
and innovations to facilitate growth
There is a constant need for regions worldwide to develop and remain competitive in the global market-place by constant innovation. They must build and maintain their own distinctive regional innovation system capable of generating continuous change and they must compete in global markets full of regions and firms all attempting to do much the same thing.
In this context, various separate technologies have emerged in the technological convergence of different systems evolving towards similar goals and creating new efficiencies. The new technologies that are currently under development or will be developed in the near future will significantly remodel the social and economic environment. Innovation is the key to growth, competitiveness and social well-being. The capacity of a community to innovate is crucial in an ever more knowledge-intensive economy.
Technology stands on the threshold of a major transformation. From the cutting-edge materials with custom-designed properties to the digitization of equipment, processes, and organizations, a new design of manufacturing and business capabilities are opening the way to advanced technologies, which entails more than making high-tech products. It includes using new, often leading-edge machines and processes to make products that are unique, better, or even cheaper.
In selecting the above theme of the conference we aim to create a forum for debates that make also convergence with the future and emerging technologies programme launched by EC. Target issues are the competitive advantage by uncovering new technological possibilities, by focusing on research beyond what is known, accepted or widely adopted novel thinking to open promising paths towards innovation technologies, interdisciplinary collaborations that seek profound synergies between the broadest range of advanced sciences and the latest engineering domains in order to turn new knowledge and innovative ideas into a solid basis for radically new technologies.
Advanced technologies provide the path forward to revitalizing leadership in manufacturing, and best support economic productivity and ongoing knowledge production and innovation in the society.
The forum will contribute to enhance the ability to innovate, to adapt quickly to the fast pace of development, being one step ahead in providing solutions to rapidly emerging societal problems and developing products and technological solutions that meet the demands and desires of consumers.
We are looking forward to welcome you in Tîrgu-Mureș!
- Prof.dr.eng. Liviu MOLDOVAN
- President of the Scientific Committee
- Vice-Rector of "Petru Maior" University of Tîrgu Mureș, Romania