The International Conference INTER-ENG 2013 will be held with the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the 1st edition.
It is with great pleasure that the “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu Mureș - Faculty of Engineering in collaboration with Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences invites you to the International Conference Interdisciplinarity in Engineering INTER-ENG 2013. The conference will be jointly organized and hosted by the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management and the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of “Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu Mureș.
The main theme of the Conference is announced as:
- "Advanced technologies for the next-generation manufacturing processes"
The conference scope is to provide a professional and scientific forum for engineers and research scientists from universities, research centers and industry to present research works, contributions and recent developments as well as current practices in engineering.
The INTER-ENG conference will also offer the opportunity for companies in engineering to present their products and services.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to the following major topics as they relate to the industrial management and electrical engineering:
- Advanced manufacturing technology
- Virtual manufacturing design technology
- Manufacturing process control
- New and advanced materials
- Advanced mechanical design technology
- Manufacturing systems and automation
- High-tech tools and systems
- Nano and microtechnology
- Control systems technology
- Advances in gear and transmission manufacturing
- Cold forming technology
- Non-conventional technologies
- Information systems technology
- CAD/CAM/CAE integrated systems
- Advanced software technology
- Intelligent systems and technologies
- Parallel and distributed computing technology
- Power and energy systems
- Signal and image processing
- Electronics and electrotechnology
- Optimization techniques
- Sustainable development technology
- Renewable energy management and technologies
- Waste management technology
- Pollutants managing technology
- Biomedical technology
- Quality control technology
- Advanced mobile technology
- Educational evaluation technology
- Any sufficiently advanced technology in engineering
is indistinguishable from the science progress
Manufacturing is a matter of fundamental importance to the economic strength and security of any society. A globally competitive manufacturing sector translates inventions, research discoveries, and new ideas into better or novel products or processes.
The next-generation of manufacturing is an assembly of activities that depend on the coordination and use of information, automation, computation, sensing, and networking, but also make use of cutting-edge materials and emerging capabilities enabled from engineering sciences. This involves both new ways to manufacture existing products, and especially the manufacture of new products emerging from new advanced engineering technologies. It facilitates rapid integration of process improvements, readily permits changes in design, such as new part features or substitute materials, and accommodates customization and cost-effective low-volume production.
Technology stands on the threshold of a major transformation. From the cutting-edge materials with custom-designed properties to the digitization of equipment, processes, and organizations, a new design of manufacturing and business capabilities are opening the way to advanced technologies, which entails more than making high-tech products. It includes using new, often leading-edge machines and processes to make products that are unique, better, or even cheaper.
Product innovation and process innovation are key elements of the next-generation manufacturing processes. New ideas, scientific discoveries, and innovative engineering approaches can be converted quickly into the seeds of new products and processes.
Advanced technologies provide the path forward to revitalizing leadership in manufacturing, and best support economic productivity and ongoing knowledge production and innovation in the society.
The long-term ability to innovate and compete in the global economy greatly benefits from co-location of technology and manufacturing-related R&D activities. These activities determine the capacity to invent, innovate, and compete in global markets.
We are looking forward to welcome you in Tîrgu Mureș!
- Prof.dr.eng. Liviu MOLDOVAN
- President of the Scientific Committee
- Vice-Rector of "Petru Maior" University of Tîrgu Mureș, Romania